Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Wonderful Reception

Today, I had the pleasure of capturing the events at the West Michigan Area High School reception. Paul had asked me to attend the event in his absence and video tape some of the event. The KIA staff did a wonderful job hosting the event. There was food, music (provided by my talented friend DJ Eric P) and some of the most talented artwork I'd ever seen from any student exhibit.

I tried to take shots of the students and other vistors enjoying the work, asking if I could stand behind them while they enjoyed a piece. I asked a few students to take me to their artwork and I took pictures of them next to their piece. I tried to get a few shots that Paul could use, but I slightly lost faith in my ability to take pictures!

Near the end of the reception, there was an awards ceremony. Five students received honorable mentions, five received a cash prize while others received scholarships ranging from one free art class at the KIA to $12,000 at the Kendall Art School in Grand Rapids. It was very thrilling to see young artists given the chance to continue their education in a school that will nurture their talents.

I was so glad that I was able to attend the event, seeing all the talented work and help Paul out! Be sure to stop over at the KIA and check out the exhibit.

No comments: