Monday, April 16, 2007

okay the end is no longer near.

It is here! I'm sitting once again at my favorite spot, the Kalamazoo Public Library, taking advantage of their awesome wireless before I go back to the KIA, talk to Paul about how everything is done, and leave after my very last day.

This internship has been quite excellent, and quite different than what I've been hearing about the very concept of "interning," which usually involves getting the real employees their coffee. Here, I actually felt productive, like I was part of a team doing something important and kinda nifty at the same time. I had a great time meeting the museum folks, working with Paul and Gabi, and even getting to tell people that hey, I work in an art museum. That's awesome.

Waking up at 7 in the morning three days a week? Not so much.

But even that was good for me, if I may continue to be so optimistic. I was not a lazy freshman. I was a proactive freshman! This internship more or less fit the theme of the rest of my year, which is to say that it was something new and different that I decided, why not? and jumped into with (honestly) not a whole lot of idea what it would be like. I like to do that - I'm quite an action (as opposed to thinking) person. I like to get things done, and I love to try new things. Thus I emailed Paul my resume the week he happened to be picking out the interns, and here I am. Or there I was. Now I'm leaving.

Ugh, I need to stop hitting these dreadfully melancholy notes.

YAY!!!!!!!

That sounds happier, right?

I don't know if I have much to sign off with that I haven't been reiterating throughout this entire experience. I came. I saw. I was somewhat conquered by the awe-inspiring power of the Internet. I worked hard. I had fun. Next semester's interns will be duly filled-in on our projects through a password list. My job is over.

I'm off to the office to meet with Paul now - once last time, ciao!

-Laura

No comments: