Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My First Post!

Hello! I'm so excited to be writing my very first post chronicling my internship at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts. This is my second internship during my college career and I'm looking forward to learning and continuing to study the world of public relations.

Previously, I was a public relation intern at a student-run radio station here on Western Michigan's campus. I'm definitly bringing the skills I learned there to my new position at the KIA. Although both organizations are non-profit, I think I've enter a whole new world of PR.

I'm hoping to chronical the progress that Laura and I make over the course of the semester and hopefully look back with great pride and the feeling of accomplishment. This week I've been sending out mail pieces to promote the different events we have scheduled this year. My mission for the rest of the week is to begin the 'viral marketing' campaign that Paul S. wants us to focus on. This week I hope to launch our MySpace page and a Facebook club.

I'm excited to start these projects, and even more excited to report back next week with my progress!

Until then-

Gabrielle


I like to thank Laura for setting up this awesome blog and welcoming me to the world of blogging!!! Thanks Laura!!

No comments: